What do we look for?
- Early-stage company with sustainable and scalable business model and potential for high return
- Line of business that matches area of expertise of our members
- Businesses that require $750,000 to $1.5 million to reach the “next level,” of which Robin Hood Ventures will invest $250,000 to $500,000
- Opportunity for a Robin Hood Board seat
- Valuation in line with early-stage opportunities
- Within a three-hour drive from Philadelphia
- Proprietary technology or other proprietary position
What do we offer?
- Deal structuring
- Board of Directors member
- Legal support (offering documents, entity formation, etc.)
- Accounting support (business planning, ongoing financial statements, preparation for offering, etc.)
- Executive recruiting support
Office Hours For Entrepreneurs
These are not pitching sessions, but rather an opportunity to get feedback from an angel investor about your venture. If you would like to reserve a slot with a member below, click the corresponding link. We will resume office hours in June. Please check back for more details at a later time.
Apply for funding
To apply for funding, please follow the steps below:
- Review the screening criteria above to determine if your company is a fit for Robin Hood.
- Read through our members’ bios and identify the member(s) you feel might best understand your opportunity and be interested in “sponsoring” your company within our group. This sponsor would work with you throughout the funding process.
- RHV uses Gust to manage applications for funding. After you log in, you will be asked basic questions about your company. You’ll also have the opportunity to upload documents like your business plan and presentation. Please fill out the application completely; if you have all the necessary information readily available, it should only take about 20 minutes. NOTE: Ignore the recommendation in the instructions to include a video about your company. You may stop any time during the process, save your work, and continue at a later date.
Upon completing the application, you will receive a confirmation email. A one-page PDF containing all the application information will also be generated.
- An initial screen will determine if your company meets our criteria. If it does, we will distribute your summary to the members you identified for further review. We will notify you if it doesn’t.
- Once a month, a committee reviews all applications that have passed the initial screen. If there is interest following this review, we will invite you to present at our monthly meeting. If there is interest following this presentation, we will begin due diligence. If there is not enough interest following either the committee review or presentation, we will give you feedback as to why we are passing.
After funding, we require:
- Prompt monthly and annual financial statements (minimum CPA review)
- Reports on any substantial changes to your business, positive or negative, on a quarterly basis (at minimum)
- At least one Robin Hood seat on the Board of Directors
- D&O insurance or full indemnification of Directors
Brokers – Robin Hood Ventures does not retain agents or brokers, nor will we pay broker’s or finder’s fees in connection with deals brought to the group. It is our preference that no monies invested in a company be paid by the company to brokers, although exceptions for reasonable fees may be considered on a case-by-case basis, depending on the strength of the deal.
NDAs – It is Robin Hood’s policy not to sign non-disclosure (NDAs) or confidentiality agreements. We pride ourselves on our practice of the highest respect and care of the confidentiality of all information received, aiming to treat you as we ourselves wish to be treated. However, you should not, under any circumstances, forward confidential or proprietary information to us.